List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] What is next?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-01 11:20:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 11:48, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask what the next steps for Quanta are?
>
> AFAIK there will be a KDE 3.5, so what is planned for Quanta 3.5?

I personally don't like to have 3.5, and better focus on 4.0 and the big
internal changes. But if we have 3.5 it might include some features and
improvements that cannot be backported to 3.4 due to the string freeze.
Otherwise it's just a waste of time and madness to maintain and develop
3 versions: 3.4, 3.5 and 4.0.

Of course, until the kdelibs is not ported to Qt4, it's better to
develop against kdelibs 3.4 (just like we would develop a 3.5) and do
the big internal changes after we know how kdelibs for Qt4 looks like.

Andras