List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Regressing to earlier versions.
From:       Ron Brogden <slave () codegrunt ! com>
Date:       2013-05-29 17:41:58

On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 20:30 +0300, Maug Lee wrote:
> yes, on PHPStorm you can customize almost everything. Code style,
> inspection level, autocompletes, etc. There is ā€˛power saving" mode,
> when background processes are set to minimum.

On the surface, PHPStorm looks like a lot like KDevelop.

If you are primarily looking for the editor functions from Quanta and
are more focused on PHP as opposed to layout, KDevelop works pretty
well.  It's easy to set up a lint macro ("php -l") and the language
recognition is great (to the point of recognizing class structures,
unset variables, etc.).

That said, I too wish that KDE hadn't gone completely off the rails with
version 4 - Quanta dead, KMail ruined, etc.

Cheers

--
:: Will code PHP for food!
:: http://codegrunt.com