List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Sad to see Quanta go.
From:       john Culleton <John () wexfordpress ! com>
Date:       2012-06-25 16:19:58

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:29:06 +0200
Werner Joss <werner@hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:

> On Monday 25 June 2012 14:38:22 sunil wrote:
> > I'm sad to see quanta go.
>
> this, although beeing repeated over and over again, is just simply
> wrong. sure, most distros have nowadays stopped support for kde3,
> kde3 apps and qt3, but there is still trinity:
> http://www.trinitydesktop.org/ which keeps kde3 alive on modern
> distros, including quanta and everything it depends on.
> no problem to install just quanta from trinity in a kde4.x
> environment (or gnome, xfce...).
>
> werner

Yes and no. I have such a setup, and so long as my needs do not
expand beyond the Quanta Plus armory I am OK. But important
changes have occurred since the issuance of the last available
Quanta, including html5. As time goes by Quanta will become
increasingly irrelevant.
-
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
Police Procedural and Expose: "Death Wore Black"
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html