List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] A message from Quanta project lead
From:       john Culleton <John () wexfordpress ! com>
Date:       2012-01-11 20:16:18

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:42:35 +0100
"jEsuSdA 8)" <listas@jesusda.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
> Maybe improve Bluefish will be better than the rewriting of Quanta+.
> What do you think guys?
>
> Thank all developers and expecially to Eric to bring us a great tool
> like Quanta+, and excuse my poor english, i'm spanish and I have a
> limited knowledge of English. ;)

Your English is far superior to my Spanish :<) My current
strategy is use Bluefish but pray for a workable Quanta+.

The lack of a Quanta version to run with Qt4 is only part of the
problem. The stndards for web pages keep changing and Quanta will
need some updating AFTER it is ported to Qt4. A bird in the hand
is worth more than a dozen in the bush, or in the pipeline.

Most of the proposed substitutes, even Bluefish, try to handle
various coding tasks. I look for a program that deals with web
entities specifically. If I want to code in some other language
for some other task I can always use Gvim. A tool optimized for
web programming only, html, php, and if needed CSS (I really hate
CSS but then I am old) would fit my requirements and desires
perfectly.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: