List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Re: Quanta Digest, Vol 94, Issue 1
From:       "Bernhard Hoellerl" <info () isar-extra ! net>
Date:       2011-01-13 16:33:16

> The same happens here (openSUSE 11.3, Quanta using KDE 3.5.10).
> Unpredictable, while saving indeed, and without useful error
> messages in the shell. But because it's happening (here) just once
> in 10 hours or so, my "solution" is: 1. kill Quanta, 2. restart it,
> 3. close the project (it will still be open, and Quanta will save
> the work you did before the freezing.) 4. open the project again, go
> back to work and cross your fingers. 8^)

Using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I never had such problems. Only sometimes when
certain PHP or Perl scripts are opened, the Editor is occupied for about a
minute.
But this happens only if the DTD is set to (X)HTML. If, for example, the
DTD is set to XML everything works fine.
I think, Quanta and the necessary KDE 3.5 packages are easier to install
if the windowmanager is Gnome instead of KDE 4.

Bernhard Höllerl