List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Re: Total freeze.
From:       Harrie Baken <harriebaken () tekstbaken ! nl>
Date:       2011-01-11 20:35:29

Hallo John, op 2010-12-23 19:44 schreef je:

> Because I like Quanta Plus for modifying web pages I put up a
> slackware 12.2 partition. the first time I booted that ;partitino
> and worked on a web page or two it worked  fine. But today after
> I had made some changes when I tried to save the file, the
> program froze altogether and I couldn't get any response from the
> program. Nothing on the program window responded.  So I am back
> to Gvim or perhapsBecause I like Quanta Plus for modifying web
> pages I put up a slackware 12.2 partition. the first time I
> booted that ;partitino and worked on a web page or two it worked
> fine. But today after I had made some changes when I tried to
> save the file, the program froze altogether and I couldn't get
> any response from the program. Nothing on the program window
> responded.  So I am back to Gvim or perhaps d -Bluefish.

The same happens here (openSUSE 11.3, Quanta using KDE 3.5.10).
Unpredictable, while saving indeed, and without useful error
messages in the shell. But because it's happening (here) just once
in 10 hours or so, my "solution" is: 1. kill Quanta, 2. restart it,
3. close the project (it will still be open, and Quanta will save
the work you did before the freezing.) 4. open the project again, go
back to work and cross your fingers. 8^)

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken
Copy-editing - proofreading - seo