List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Finding Quanta 4
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-08-11 5:32:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 10 August 2010, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 08/06/2010 03:52 PM, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Quanta 4 is not
> > released and highly experimental. Softpedia is maybe just scamming
> > your email, beware.
>
> But at least rest assured, that is the worst that could happen.
> Usually softpedia will provide a download *without* requesting an
> email. If it ever requests your email, it usually means there is a
> problem with the package. I've never provided them an e-mail, but
> there is a good chance you won't get a confirmation from them. Not
> because they scammed your email, but because they didn't have the
> package which sent you into the 'provide your email' loop that
> probably goes nowhere...

Softpedia.com is a well know page, at least here in Romania, as it is
Romanian based. I use their forums daily. Maybe somebody did an email
address harvesting using/faking softpedia? I never ever was asked for an
email from them when downloading software from their site.

Anyway, I did a google search and see that they messed up something.
They offer kdewebdev 4.4.0 for download,  but that DOES NOT contain
Quanta.

Andras