List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] File permissions in Quanta
From:       Alex Fisher <settantta () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-29 23:23:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> On Friday 28 May 2010 12:22:32 Mike Davies wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This is my first posting to this list. I have used Quanta for some
> > years. I am currently using it with KDE4 although I understand
>
> that it
>
> > is not generally included with the kdewebdev files.
> >
> > I have recently noticed a problem which I think is to do with
>
> Quanta and
>
> > the file permissions used when saving a file. I have recently
>
> found that
>
> > the file permissions when I upload files after editing are set to
>
> 664
>
> > and the server issues a 500 error message when trying to access
>
> them. I
>
> > tried saving a file with permissions 644 to a new location using
>
> Quanta
>
> > and the file permissions were 664, so I think this is the problem.
> >
> > I would like to know if these permissions can be changed in
>
> Quanta and
>
> > how I do it.
> >
> > regards,
> > Mike
>
> How do you use Quanta with KDE 4? I thought it only ran on KDE3.
> What OS/distro do you use?

Fairly easy, actually. I'm using Quanta 3.5.10 under KDE 4.3.5, running
Mandriva 2010.0.

First, find the last release that had KDE 3.5 (in my case, that is Mandriva
2009.1), and put it into your repository. Using your package manager (I use
Mandriva's RPMDrake, but this should also work with other package managers - I
know it works with Smart), select the kdewebdev package for KDE 3.5.x. A good
package manager will automatically add the dependencies. Make sure you select
what plugins are available (no Cervisia unfortunately :( ). It was a total of
11 packages including the necessary KDE 3.5.10 libraries.

As I said, very easy to achieve.

--
Alex Fisher

ICQ: 109592152