List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Digest, Vol 82, Issue 1
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2010-01-07 7:28:01

Am Thursday 07 January 2010 07:46:37 schrieb Isaac Witmer:
> Ok. so I create a new project. It's a wizard with three "levels":
> - Account Details (ftp server, etc)
> - Inserting files to the project
> - Adding an Author, etc
>
> On none of these do I see a way to exclude files.

well, that is under 'project settings', but can be done only _after_ a project
has already been created.

> Then I click "Finish" and the wizard tries to save the project at:
> user@ftp.byethostXX.com/
> which is read-only, and it fails.

ok, so you seem to work directly on the remote server, do you ?
although that works quite well in quanta through the ftp-kio-slave, it has its
drawbacks:
e.g. you don't have a backup as you are constantly working on the live-system,
which also implies that each mistake you make during your work, will instantly
affect that.
my recommendation is to use a local copy to work on, and then use the handy
upload feature from quanta to push your changes to the live system, once
you're done and satisfied.
in which case you just can keep the project file at the top level of the
directory structure, then excluding it from upload.

HTH
werner