List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] How I have installed quanta plus on kde4 in debian
From:       Waldemar Biernacki <wb () sao ! pl>
Date:       2009-10-30 6:59:35

Hello!

All my story is on debian command "uname -a: gets:

Linux borsuk 2.6.30-2-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Sep 25 22:16:56 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I had installedKDE 4.* (accidentally!) and decided to live in this... I can't live \
without quanta so I was looking for how to get it: i tried virtualbox - hmmm... not \
natural in using..., after some searching I have found than in debian I can try its \
unique solution: debian is able to manage package installation paralelly from \
different versions. I did it in the following way:

1. I have installed all kde4 using "apt-get install …" commands
2. When full kde 4 worked I have changed  the file: /etc/apt/sources.list:

instead normal lines: (hash-out them):
# normal:
#deb http://ftp.vectranet.pl/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
#deb-src http://ftp.vectranet.pl/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
#deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free

I have added the lines:
# to install quanta from stable distr:
deb http://ftp.vectranet.pl/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.vectranet.pl/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

saved changes and normal stuff (be carefull not to change KDE 4 but I had no \
dangerous warnings): apt-get update
apt-get install quanta

(maybe other packages which apt-get require - I do not remember). Since then I have \
quanta plus on kde 4. All works but without sftp which is for me the most important \
(apart of local :) ), but works! Then I changed sources.list file to the previous \
version, then did apt-get update again and then blocked in synaptic this quanta plus \
packages (not to be accidentally changed).

Quanta works this way since spring this year as a every-day tool for perl, php, sql, \
TeX, html, css, haskel, and other types. I have recently got the information that the \
package kdebase-kio-plugins is responsible for the sftp protocol. So I did again all \
the stuff but with the followin command :

apt-get install kdebase-kio-plugins

Now I have quanta plus with my favorite remote protocol sftp.

I hope it could be usefull for someone.

Regards.
Waldemar