List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta & KDE4? openSuSE dumping KDE3 for 11.2 Release.
From:       John Culleton <john () wexfordpress ! com>
Date:       2009-10-29 21:30:03

On Saturday 05 September 2009 05:51:58 elhui wrote:
> You may vote for a continued support of KDE3 by OpenSuSE
11.2 at
> https://features.opensuse.org/306733.
> KDE4 still simply does not come up to KDE3 in many other
issues as well. It
> has a lot of bugs and missing features which are present in
KDE3. f.i.
> KDE4-Konqueror still refuses to view a lot of www-pages KDE3-
konqueror does
> not have a problem with.

suggests, start

> > There is only that much you can get from beating dead horse
and KDE3 is
> > dead
> > and so is Quanta that requires it. If you want to help yourself,
Quanta
> > (and,
> > the most important - me:) ) forget about Quanta 3 - time
invested in it
> > is time wasted and it just prolongs inevitable. Only help that
can make
> > any difference is getting developers and sponsors interested
in Quanta 4
> > that runs
> > on KDE4.
> >
> > Sasha

Slackware has already gone to KDE4. This move impelled me to
go to XFCE as my GUI.  IMO KDE4 is a Vista-class canine.

This does not solve the Quanta problem. Bluefish works but it is a
poor alternative IMO.  We all wait for Quanta 4. I need Qt4 for apps
like the latest Scribus.  But losing Qaunta was a blow.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"