List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta & KDE4? openSuSE dumping KDE3 for 11.2 Release.
From:       John Culleton <john () wexfordpress ! com>
Date:       2009-09-05 12:31:16

On Saturday 05 September 2009 06:52:47 elhui wrote:
> Wer an KDE3 für Opensuse 11.2 interessiert ist, sollte unbedingt
seine
> Stimme unter https://features.opensuse.org/306733 abgeben
(funktioniert
> nicht mit KDE4-konqueror wohl aber mit KDE3). KDE4 fehlen
immer noch
> wichtige Features, die es in KDE3 schon lange gibt, einige
Programme sind
> nicht portiert worden und viele noch fehlerhaft; z.B. kann der
> KDE4-Konqueror viele Interenetseiten nicht anzeigen, mit denen
der
> KDE3-Konqueror überhaupt kein Problem hat. Mehr zum Thema
KDE3 unter
> http://www.elstel.com.
>
> David C. Rankin wrote:
> > Andras, List,
> >
> > 	I am an openSuSE user and I am frustrated with Novell's
decision to dump
> > KDE3
> > in its next release. The problem for me is that Quanta doesn't
work very
> > well
> > under KDE4. I can't use fish to upload files, etc... Quanta on
KDE3 is
> > the next
> > best thing since sliced bread, I love it, but this dang KDE4 is
> > determined to
> > screw that up. What is the plan for getting Quanta to play
nicely with
> > KDE4?
> >
> > 	The reason I ask is that I know Andras is drowning in work
right now and
> > I was
> > wondering if the part of the code that is needed to fix the
KDE4
> > incompatibilities is something that the Linux distros/KDE
folks need to
> > fix or
> > is it something in Quanta that needs to be fixed? Can we push
the KDE
> > folks to
> > make any changes to the KDE4 to remove some of these
issues with Quanta
> > or is
> > it just the code buried in Quanta that needs modification?
> >
> > 	If it is something the opensuse/kde folks can
fix/accommodate I don't
> > mind
> > pushing feature requests through the bugzilla.novell system
if it would
> > help,
> > but I don't understand what/where the issue is enough to
know if that is
> > appropriate.
> >
> > 	Is there a list somewhere that show what the current KDE4
problems are
> > for
> > Quanta that we can look at that gives a rough description of
what needs
> > to be
> > fixed?
> >
> > 	Thanks. I'm just trying to understand the issues to see if I can
help
> > before
> > the KDE4 glamor toy is shoved down my throat....
+

KDE4 is a bit like Vista. Few like it much but it is the  new wave.
Quanta will have to adapt or die.  Other software I use such as
Scribus require Qt 4.  Hence I am now using KDE4 and Qt4 on my
Slackware Linux 13 partition.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"