List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] confused about starting a new project
From:       Kees Epema <cwepema () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-19 15:32:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello Michael,

If you want to develop your project local, just create a new project from
the "Project" menu.
A project-wizard will guide you through the setup.Fill out all your project
specs and add the files you already copied from the remote machine.
To test you project, you need to setup a webserver. Xampp webserver software
delivers good value I think. From http://www.apachefriends.org
Once installed Xampp, you need to place your files into
/opt/lampp/htdocs/<yourproject> directory.
You can view your project by typing http://localhost/<yourproject> into the
browser.

If you would like to develop your project on a remote site, Follow the story
above. In stead of filling out "local", say "ftp" or "sftp". The wizard will
let you add all files that you stored on the remote site.

Regards, Kees Epema