List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta+ on Windows
From:       Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2009-06-27 14:47:09

Gabriele Brosulo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm wondering if it's possible to run Quanta+ on windows. I use it for my
> everyday work on a linux box, but for some reason I have to work also on a
> windows machine.
>
> I've already installed KDE on windows (http://windows.kde.org/), but I can't
> play whith Quanta+ :(
>
> Any hints? Or it's just impossible?

I think part of the problem might be that Quanta doesn't have a version
for KDE 4.x [ KDE for Windows is KDE 4.x ] as of yet. Using the KDE for
Windows installer as a package manager won't find Quanta in it's repos.
There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to install a tar ball, or from
source, in Kde for Windows. If/When Quanta has a version for KDE 4.x and
it becomes a part of Kdewebdev it should be possible. Until

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,