List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta]  CSS equivalent of resizeable frames?
From:       BrianPatrick <brianp () austin ! rr ! com>
Date:       2009-05-07 22:54:46

Hi,
I understand that frames are evil and deprecated. I want to learn and use
CSS.

All I need is a CSS "frame" on 10% of the top of the web page for a
thumbnails table. Then, below that, I want the left 25% to be a tree view of
my picture directory structure. In the right 75%, I want to display the
current picture along with its keywords. I am using Quanta Plus 3.5.10
(latest).

The top thumbnail frame worked as expected as did the tree view frame below
it. No matter what I tried (I went through every menu option), the picture
"section" always showed up below the tree view section. I had to use a
negative top  percentage to shoehorn it into place.

However, even with overflow on AUTO, none of the section borders are
resizeable.

What I have is not quite right, but it is close, except for the resizeable
section boundaries:
<DIV align="left" id="thumbnail" class="thumbnail" style="background :
#157ad8; border-style : dashed; border-spacing : 2cm 1cm; height : 10pc;
left : 0pc; overflow : auto; position : relative; right : 100pc;"
title="Thumbnail header" onclick="selectPic"></DIV>

<DIV align="left" id="treeview" class="treeview" style="border-style :
dotted; height : 3pc; left : 0pc; overflow : auto; page-break-after : avoid;
position : inherit; width : 25pc;" title="treeview left bottom frame"></DIV>

<DIV align="right" id="toenail" class="toenail" style="border-style :
double; height : 3pc; left : 26pc; overflow : auto; page-break-before :
avoid; position : relative; top : -3pc; width : 75pc;" title="Toenail frame,
bottom right"></DIV>

Can CSS be used to section a web page and allow the user to drag the section
boundaries around?

Thank you,

    BrianP