List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] CVS Issues
From:       Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2009-05-06 21:30:08

Scott wrote:
> On May 6, 2009 12:27:29 pm Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>
>> Jens Herden wrote:
>> Cervisia reports V. 3.2.2 using KDE 4.2.2
>>
>> Quanta reports V 3.5.10 using KDE 3.5.10
>>
>> Both were installed in the KDE meta package KDEWEBDEV just day
>>
> before
>
>> yesterday from the latest ubuntu repository.
>>
>> However, I had the same issue with Kubuntu 8.04/KDE 3.5.10 [ and I
>> believe with Kubuntu 7.10 and whatever version of KDE that was. ]. I
>> assume that Quanta was the same version as now with 8.04/3.5.10.
>>
> No way
>
>> to check now.
>>
>> Does anyone know if thee is a newer version for 4.2.2 coming soon?
>>
> Sadly, there haves not been much development on Quanta the last
> couple years and there haves been no Quanta released for KDE 4 yet.
> The good new is that there is a Quanta for KDE 4 under development,
> but the development is very far from seeing the light of day.
>
> Your going to either need to use KDE 3, suffer the problems Quanta
> haves with KDE 4, or try a different editor.  Personally, I am waiting for
> Kdevelop 4 and its PHP plugin to mature so I can use those.

Well, the problem with Quanta isn't a deal breaker for me. Just
annoying. My web pages are all in very simple HTML. I'm seriously into
the K.I.S.S. Principle for web pages. Not a lot of flash and dash. Guess
I'll just turn off the notification and I won't know. [ Ignore the
problem and maybe it will go away. ] That's what I've been doing for
some time anyway.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,