List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Messed Up My Toolbars - I need help getting them back
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-20 8:25:09

Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> in my installation the default place to save toolbars is:
>
> 	.kde/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/
>
> In there you will find some folders where the custom toolbar layout is stored
> in files like: standard.toolbar.tgz
>
> If you remove the files in your home folder Quanta will fall back to the
> toolbars in /opt/kde3
>
> If you can not find the *.toolbar.tgz in your home folder you might have used
> Quanta as root user because only then you would be able to save them under
> /opt/kde3
>
> I have no idea why the order of the toolbars would change but removing the
> custom toolbar is likely to bring the old order back.
>
> Jens

Jens,

	Thank you! That did it. I had to delete (move):

.kde/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/standard.toolbar.tgz

	and

.kde/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/html/standard.toolbar.tgz

	I lost my customizations, but I got standard back as the first toolbar which
was the most important part. I'll try adding them back and not saving and see
what happens.

	I think I know where the problem is from digging through the config files. I'm
not 100% sure, but it looks like toolbar loading order is 'global' 'user' and
'project' from /opt/kde3/share/apps/quanta/quantaui.rc:

            <Menu name="toolbars_load" >
                <text>&amp;Load Toolbars</text>
                <Action name="toolbars_load_global" />
                <Action name="toolbars_load_user" />
                <Action name="toolbars_load_project" />
            </Menu>

	However, changing the load order above doesn't make any difference, I still
get the 'style' menu first if I have a saved toolbar under
.kde/share/apps/quanta/toolbars anywhere. So either the quantaui.rc file isn't
the right config file, or the code has its own order stored somewhere and the
quantaui.rc file just provides a list of toolbar locations without reference to
order.

	Deleting/moving all the saved toolbars was the only way to get the default
order back. There is a reason somebody decided that standard should be the
first toolbar -- I agree with their choice, now I just need to find a way to
keep it there once I add my additions.

	Oh well, maybe toolbar order will be configurable in a future release ;-) If
you could use the middle-mouse button to reorder the tabs like in konsole, or
set the order in 'configure toolbars', that would work great. Can I put in a
feature request somewhere?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC