List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Extending klinkstatus
From:       Kyle Skrinak <kyle.skrinak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-06 10:19:55

Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> It's possible to extend KLinkStatus via scripting. One can hook python,
> javascript, ruby or whatever there is a Kross backend for.
> So, it's only a question to write a script that can parse flash
> documents :)
> I would be interested in this particular feature so I can give you all the
> support you need. Please let me kaulo
Paulo, thanks for your response. I did some quick research. The question
is now how can I extract all actionscripts with URLs from a flash file.
It appears there's libraries out there that can extract that info. The
swftools suite can not extract that info, apparently. There's also a lot
of documentation on the binary flash file format. Now to put that all
together meaningfully...

 From a practical point of view, flash URL extraction for web site QA is
invaluable. I launched an old version of Dreamweaver I have, which can
read the URL info, and found a few dead links. So I am motivated to
getting this addressed.

Kyle

--
Kyle D. Skrinak; Skrinak Creative, Inc.