List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta]
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-25 19:20:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Jordi Moles Blanco wrote:
>  So... i
> guess that the tricky thing here would be to run an apache web server
> through a repository system and then we should be able to ask apache
> to load files from on part or another from the repository, and i
> guess that this part is the one that they fail to see how it would
> work.

You can do what we did in kdewebdev.org, and what I really like. :) I'm
not sure if Eric likes it as much as I do...
1. There is a subversion server (repository) on the same server where
apache is running
2. We checkout the repository to a place under the web root, so it is
visible through apache. Actually we checkout to two places, a test site
and a real site.
3. You can configure subversion to execute some commands after a commit.
We configured that after every commit an "svn up" is run on the test
site. This way the modifications are immediately visible on the test site
for every user.
4. Once everyone is happy, you can run "svn up" for the real site. You
can do this also through ssh, so you just create script locally that
does the update remotely. And of course you can run this script from
inside Quanta. We created a basic Kommander script for this job.
Alternatively you can use Quanta's upload feature to upload the things
to the real site.

I hope it help,
Andras