List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 1000+ file project load times?
From:       Simon Dawson <simon.dawson () interaxsys ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-05-21 6:09:54

Essentially the same thing for me.  The project loads and effectively as
quickly as I can mouse over to the project tree and double click on a file it
is ready to use.

Hope that helps.
Simon

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 06:53, James Ellis wrote:
> Hi
>
> I should point out that the project treeview load time is a few seconds -
> the time until the tree is available and I can open files, it's the
> background tasks that Quanta is doing (run strace -p<the quanta pid> to
> find out) that seems to be causing the load issues my laptop is
> experiencing.
>
> Thanks
> james
>
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 03:41:22 pm Simon Dawson wrote:
> > I have a project file with just over 2000 referenced files. It takes a
> > couple of seconds to load, although there are no symlinks.
> >
> > I use Quanta a lot, for all my web work, and use it particularly for the
> > project management and the file transfer capabilities and speed (no irony
> > intended).
> >
> > For that reason my project does include graphic and XML files  as it is
> > the best place to manage them in conjunction with the ongoing development
> > of the project in hand.
> >
> > My system is an Athlon 3400, 1Gb Ram, Gentoo and Quanta/KDE 3.5.2.
> >
> > From my point of view the problems being experienced would point to a
> > local system/configuration issue.
> >
> > regards
> > Simon
> >
> > On Wednesday 21 May 2008 05:51, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > are there any users here with projects files in this size who can offer
> > > feedback on your start up times with this size project? Specifically
> > > I'm curious if your are experincing normal load times expected in
> > > seconds or abnormal load times in minutes. Please post your CPU, RAM
> > > distribution and KDE/Quanta version. Thanks!

Simon Dawson

Interaxsys Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No. 04156349
Registered Office and Address:
Victoria House, Stanbridge Park,
Staplefield Lane, Staplefield, West Sussex, RH17 6AS

T +44 (0)1342 837821
E simon.dawson@interaxsys.co.uk
W www.interaxsys.co.uk