List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to make a web site?
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-04-30 23:43:22

On Thu, 1 May 2008 02:43:49 orphem@arcor.de wrote:

> Sorry. Maybe it's a matter of my bad english. A compiler *generates*
> also a binary. That's, what I mean. Look at thewml.org and you see, what
> I have in mind.

I am trying to understand how it works, but it looks like they have a few bugs on \
their site: I looked at their example page, and found that the links to source and \
output source, and get konqueror and firefox generating a cyclic link error (nice \
catch not done in IE last I looked). So it is hard to understand what they do \
exactly, but it looks like they take  input wml files and convert them to various \
html files that are served by their engine based on language or other \
parameters....An interesting concept, but I would think that the speed advantages \
over php would be offset by the documentation on PHP...

> > > If I have - for example - a index.xhtml and a history.xhtml and wants a
> > > menu for this and other pages. How do I do this with Quanta?
> >
> > You can use templates and scripting. Any files you have that work can be
> > made into templates easily and you might find my Kommander TemplateMagic
> > interesting. It enables you to create and fill in fields in templates.
>
> Yeah, this seems to me very interesting. Any tutorial for this avaible?
>
> That may be still for every page the same menu. And I still must edit
> this menu.html for each new page.
>
> > and now you make the menu once and by including it in every page they are
> > all automatically up to date.

Your menu.php file that you include ( <?php include ("menu.php") ?>) would contain \
something like:

function getTitle($page)
{
 // code to get page title... left to reader to do :-)
}

echo '<div class="menu">'; // start menu
foreach(glob("*.m.html" as $thispage) // get menu items (menu items all end with \
.m.html - this way you only include items you want eg: index.m.html is a menu item, \
ccverify.html is not) {
  echo '<div class="menuItem"><a \
href="'.$thispage.'">'.getTitle($thispage).'</a></div>'; // outputs the menu item }
echo '</div>'; // closes the menu
and some pretty css that gets included to render the menuItems nicely with effects \
(no javascript needed for mouse over effects using css)

> A the system, for which I made this web site, is PHP not avaible. :-(

Oh, well there goes that... :-(
you should be able to do something similar in perl.

or move to a provider that has php support :-P

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer

Email:   andrew.lowe@manildra.com.au