List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] New TemplateMagic.kmdr
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-02-22 8:00:33

Hi all,
The kdewebdev 3.5.9 release is out and it's worth getting if you want to run
new Kommander dialogs. Attached is the new TemplateMagic dialog. You need
kdewebdev 3.5.9 if you want to run this. It is designed to use the Template
Filter Action. You create a template using special tags you want to replace
with data and you can define in those tags what type of widget you want,
lists, title to use, etc... Then when you create the file from the template
it pops up the dialog and you fill in the blanks. I've attached a screenshot
as well as a demo file and readme.

If there is an interest this could easily be extended to include date, file
and image data. With a little more work it could include database connections
and even be set up to communicate with scripts on a web site.

If there is interest I could also work on a new Kommander plugin to manage
synchronization, but I need to verify if I can use KIO of if I need to
include a back end PHP script.

BTW I submitted a store to the dot on the new Kommander release and have
screenshots up as well as the changelog at http://kommander.kdewebdev.org.
Click on the version number in the dowload page for the changelog.
--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module

["TemplateMagic.tar.bz2" (application/x-tbz)]
["snapshot16.png" (image/png)]