List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Status of Quanta and KDE 4
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-01-26 10:34:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 24 January 2008, James Ellis wrote:
> Speaking of Kdevelop, I used it for quite a while when Quanta became
> so unstable as to cause 90%+ CPU usage, although recently I've come
> back to the latest Quanta which seems to fix some of the stability
> issues. Plus Kdevelop was taking about 2-5 minutes to read the same
> project directory then crashing -- that Quanta takes 30 seconds
> doing. I hope that won't be an issue when Quanta starts to use the
> Kdevelop platform

Shouldn't be. he framework != KDevelop, and even the framework was
rewritten from scratch. Quanta will share with KDevelop the plugins, the
editor code (the GUI, window management). Quanta will be built from
plugins, so you can save memory and startup time if you disable some
plugins that you don't need. And you could access plugins that were
written for KDevelop, eg. better find & replace tool, svn support, and
many others.
 But the code actually working with XML, PHP, and so will come from
Quanta.

Andras