List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Can't set up project
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-20 3:00:29

On Friday 14 December 2007 11:44 am, Jerry wrote:
> I guess I'm a bozzo but I can't set up a project to get access to the
> web sit I manage. All I want to do is use quanta to manage/edit the web
> page. I set public_html as the main directory. When I get to the "Insert
> site" and I'm the only one doing the editing so I guess I don't really
> need a "project" for other inputs. I get to the second screen where
> insert the site files, I open "public_html," it attaches to the host
> url, so the I get "public_html/public_html. That double file notation
> will not load the website files to the Quanta project and I don't see a
> way to delete one public_html. What am I doing wrong?

I haven't set up a new site in a long time but I'm not aware of any bug here.
I mean with as many users as we have somebody would notice and I don't think
this code has been changed in ages. This would be set on the first page under
Main directory: are you doing local? You mention a host url. I just started
creation of a test project and the second page gives me the correct
indication of where it wants to get files from. Is this giving you a
different address than it shows when adding files? Seems unlikely, but it
might help to know where your files are and how you're getting them.
public_html is fairly standard, but not universal so there is no way Quanta
would assume and add this unless it was indicated somewhere. If I can't make
it fail I can't tell you how you did it. ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org