List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] htmltidy?
From:       "Erik Heyl" <erik.heyl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-02 13:15:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks! Would you be able to walk me through the process. Once I've done it
I'll be fine but I'm afraid of goofing it up.Funny I program in PHP and some
C++ but this has be buffaloed.

On Dec 2, 2007 12:00 AM, Eric Laffoon <sequitur@kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 30 November 2007 5:32 am, Erik Heyl wrote:
> > Hi all. I've got one slightly odd question and one technical:
> >
> > 1. It says that Quanta is meant for KDE, what about Gnome? I'm on Ubuntu
> > and I've got Quanta installed and it works fine.
>
> It will work fine. When we began developing Quanta years ago Gnome
> libraries
> were not stable and the KDE libraries were and are richer and more
> enjoyable
> to write to. While you can run it in Ubuntu you can also look at Kubuntu
> libraries and even install both. There are a lot of excellent KDE
> programs.
> >
> > 2. I know that HTMLtidy is in Quanta but is there a way to have it
> either
> > autofix what it finds or have another editor window open so you can see
> the
> > difference in code and copy/paste it over. HTMLkit has this feature but
> > ain't going back to Windows for that!
>
> In the panel on the left open the script tab and look for the tidy script.
> You
> can also load this up from the toolbar using the instructions Andras
> provided. This was built in Kommander some years back before it had all
> the
> functionality it presently has. For instance it says it doesn't work with
> multiple instances of Quanta, but it will work now if someone wants to
> update
> the script. It can easily take the file from Quanta and replace it with
> the
> processed result. I believe it supports nearly every option of Tidy too.
>
> On a side note Kommander is another excellent KDE application bundled with
> Quanta. It allows for visually drawing your GUI and then using either
> native
> functions or scripting or any scripting language that runs in the shell.
> Using Kommander, DCOP and scripting you can enhance Quanta to a state it
> would be unrecognizable all without writing a line of C++.
> >
> > Thanks gang
> >
> > PS I'm not this kind of programmer but is there any way I can help with
> > Quanta? I beta tested for Adobe (Coldfusion 8 and Fireworks CS) so I'm
> not
> > completely useless :)
> >
> > Erik
> Try Kommander. You will be amazed. You can program with point and click in
> the
> function browser as easy as you can use a spreadsheet like Kspread or
> OO.org
> Calc.
> --
> Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
> http://quanta.kdewebdev.org

Want a fool-proof, paint by the numbers way to start generating an income on
the Internet?

Check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/2gavb6