--===============1849137201== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_Part_7579_18633070.1196601342209" ------=_Part_7579_18633070.1196601342209 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Thanks! Would you be able to walk me through the process. Once I've done it I'll be fine but I'm afraid of goofing it up.Funny I program in PHP and some C++ but this has be buffaloed. On Dec 2, 2007 12:00 AM, Eric Laffoon wrote: > On Friday 30 November 2007 5:32 am, Erik Heyl wrote: > > Hi all. I've got one slightly odd question and one technical: > > > > 1. It says that Quanta is meant for KDE, what about Gnome? I'm on Ubuntu > > and I've got Quanta installed and it works fine. > > It will work fine. When we began developing Quanta years ago Gnome > libraries > were not stable and the KDE libraries were and are richer and more > enjoyable > to write to. While you can run it in Ubuntu you can also look at Kubuntu > libraries and even install both. There are a lot of excellent KDE > programs. > > > > 2. I know that HTMLtidy is in Quanta but is there a way to have it > either > > autofix what it finds or have another editor window open so you can see > the > > difference in code and copy/paste it over. HTMLkit has this feature but > I > > ain't going back to Windows for that! > > In the panel on the left open the script tab and look for the tidy script. > You > can also load this up from the toolbar using the instructions Andras > provided. This was built in Kommander some years back before it had all > the > functionality it presently has. For instance it says it doesn't work with > multiple instances of Quanta, but it will work now if someone wants to > update > the script. It can easily take the file from Quanta and replace it with > the > processed result. I believe it supports nearly every option of Tidy too. > > On a side note Kommander is another excellent KDE application bundled with > Quanta. It allows for visually drawing your GUI and then using either > native > functions or scripting or any scripting language that runs in the shell. > Using Kommander, DCOP and scripting you can enhance Quanta to a state it > would be unrecognizable all without writing a line of C++. > > > > Thanks gang > > > > PS I'm not this kind of programmer but is there any way I can help with > > Quanta? I beta tested for Adobe (Coldfusion 8 and Fireworks CS) so I'm > not > > completely useless :) > > > > Erik > Try Kommander. You will be amazed. You can program with point and click in > the > function browser as easy as you can use a spreadsheet like Kspread or > OO.org > Calc. > -- > Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader > http://quanta.kdewebdev.org > _______________________________________________ > Quanta mailing list > Quanta@mail.kde.org > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta > -- Want a fool-proof, paint by the numbers way to start generating an income on the Internet? Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/2gavb6 ------=_Part_7579_18633070.1196601342209 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Thanks! Would you be able to walk me through the process. Once I've done it I'll be fine but I'm afraid of goofing it up.Funny I program in PHP and some C++ but this has be buffaloed.