List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Opening ASP files
From:       Paul Lemmons <paul () lemmons ! name>
Date:       2007-10-18 21:15:41

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

<head>
</head>
-------- Original Message&nbsp; --------<br>
Subject: Re:[Quanta] Opening ASP files<br>
From: Andras Mantia <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" \
                href="mailto:amantia@kde.org">&lt;amantia@kde.org&gt;</a><br>
To: Quanta users list <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" \
                href="mailto:quanta@mail.kde.org">&lt;quanta@mail.kde.org&gt;</a><br>
Date: 10/18/2007 12:13 PM<br>
  <pre wrap="">On Thursday 18 October 2007, Paul Lemmons wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Occasionally I have to work with ".asp" files. (I always take a
shower when I am done because they leave me feeling a bit unclean...
;-)

Anyway, I use Quanta to edit the files. It works but I always get a
"Unknown Binary file" warning. Is there a simple way to eliminate
this message for ".asp" files without eliminating it for all files? I
know where I can turn it off completely.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
You need to move the .asp mimetype under the text group (so asp files
are treated as text).
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/faq.php#binary_warning">http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/faq.php#binary_warning</a>

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">And while I am asking, is there a syntax parsing definition for
".asp" files? The php parsing rules seem to work well but since I
have to be in ".asp" land from time to time it would be nice if there
was something specific.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Not that I know, but you can create one and share with the others. ;)

Andras

  </pre>
  <pre wrap="">
<hr size="4" width="90%">
  </pre>
Thank you! That did the trick. As for ASP syntax highlighting I started
looking at what it would take to create the syntax rules and it turns
out that it is already there. I went to
"Tools-&gt;Highlighting-&gt;Markup and ASP was already selected. So it
looks like am good to go. Your assistance is much appreciated!<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it \
be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of \
it. </pre>