List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] I'm an experienced newbie - uuhhhhh what???
From:       "Robert Lefebvre" <robert.r.lefebvre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-28 1:13:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thank you Andrew'

I found out how to add a remote site to the file tree display in the left
colum. While in the display area a right click gets a "New Top Folder"
prompt.

Clicking that gets an option window. This might be where a little
instruction in the form might be handy. In the bottom input area (with the
drop down arrow) simply type in the ftp address of your site (
ftp://my_site.com) One other nameing prompt will come up after inputting
that and then the remote folder appears in the menu.

I think what would be an easy fix - there are currently three button/menu
items in that "New Top Folder" form but they are all local options. Perhaps
add a "Remote Folder" option to do basically the same as the bottom input
already discussed or just the "Remote Folder" open a help style dialog
describing the ftp address insertion. I've copied this and will submit it as
a suggestion if I can find the link.

On 8/27/07, Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe@manildra.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:22:52 Robert Lefebvre wrote:
> > Hey, thanks for the feedback,
> >
> > re: question 1: I know the icons you are talking about and, yes, it
> would
> > seem those should show the file tree but on mine, it either shows the
> file
> > tree of my partition or just a couple empty folders, which I assume are
> > "the project". I would prefer to work off the server and see the
> server's
> > file tree if possible. Or does Quanta work best on your own PC? See,
> with
> > php I'm hitting the data base a lot so it really needs to be on the
> server
> > to get an accurate display.
> >
> You would be best at learning to use Quantas projects, there is a lot of
> functionality in using projects that I found after I started using them (I
> used Quanta for about a year without using projects at first).
> If you want a quick method, in the Files toolview, right click in a blank
> area
> and add a top level folder - this can be a remote (via fish/sftp/ftp, etc)
> folder, or a local folder.
> To remove a top level folder (if you get too many), just right click it
> and
> the option is there (Remove from Top)
>
> > re:2 & 3 Good tips. The ~ would have had me confused
> >
> > New question question 4: I had to run from Quanta with my tail between
> my
> > legs (I'm over in Wi.... errr Losedos because Quantas was taking what
> > should have been just regular text and causing it not to wrap in the
> > browser. I've never had to do anything with "wrap" (I'm more into rock
> :-).
> > Is the wrap control just for the code or does it affect both the code
> and
> > the display? It was only two lines of text and it was stretched out a
> mile
> > wide.
> >
> Quanta should not force html to not wrap in a browser, check that you do
> not
> have a style, or tag no-wrap in your code.  HTML will wrap by default,
> unless
> you tell it not too.  Quanta is just an editor and should not change this
> behaviour, perhaps it may if you use the VPL view? but I have not used
> that
> tool.
>
> > Just small stuff, none of it a big deal. Quantas seems to be better
> > organized than html kit in general so I'm looking forward to getting it
> > mastered.
> >

> Hope you enjoy using Quanta, I have found it very useful and more powerful
> then other tools - just KDE's kio slaves make working really easy.
>

> --
> Andrew Lowe
>     System Administrator & Programmer
>         Information Technology
>             Manildra Group

> [...]

MissionaryNet.org - bringing 21st Century technology to The Great Commission
Attention mission teams!! Build a complete computer lab for cheap as a gift
for your mission trip!
http://www.missionarynet.org