List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Who wants to spread some KDE?
From:       "Big O" <illogical1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-09 13:56:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey Vladisslav, I don't remember if I e-mailed you back or not but if I have
already - sorry. If not, sorry :-) So development of the SpreadKDE website
IS actually ongoing. To prevent duplication of effort (you know how we hate
that kind of stuff ;-) you'll need to sign up to the
kde-promo@mail.kde.orglist and coordinate with those guys. Mockups and
such can be posted on the
kde-promo list, so if you already have something, feel free.
Thanks. Bye.

On 6/5/07, Vladislav Blanton <vblanton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Orville,
>
> I am web designer who would love to lend a hand in the re-creation of
> spreadkde.  Best contact for me is at this email address (
> vblanton@gmail.com ).  I am willing to design the site, but if there are
> any graphic artists who want to take a stab at designing the site I would
> also be willing to chop up their creation into beautiful, valid, and clean
> cross-browser code (yum!).  I'll go over and join the kde-promo list now.
>
> I look forward to reading your ideas!
>
> Vlad Blanton
>
> On 6/5/07, Orville Bennett <illogical1@gmail.com > wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm new on all you lists (well, except quanta and kde-quality)
> > OK, so I noticed that Spreadkde.org died a quiet death today while I was
> > on
> > IRC talking about spreading KDE. I personally would love to see the site
> > back
> > up, which brings us directly to why kde-artists, quanta and kde-quality
> > are
> > also recieving this message.
> > We undoubtedly have some very talented people who would be willing to
> > help, if
> > only they do. Well, as far as my feeble mind can tell, now they do. So I
> > think some co-operation amongst the lists, *gasp*, is in order. First to
> > set
> > up the spreadkde site, and then to do the actual spreading of the
> > propaganda :-)
> > I'd encourage everyone interested to join the kde-promo list, but if you
> > can't
> > be bother I will be monitoring the "Who wants to spread KDE?" threads of
> > all
> > the lists mailed. My utimate goal, other than subjected people to
> > reading
> > lengthy e-mails is to promote the sh*t out of KDE until 4.0 goes live.
> > Reminiscent of the getfirefox (or whatever they called it) campaign.
> >
> > So yeah, spamming news sites, digg bombs, promo vids, pimped out web
> > site,
> > promo articles all that good stuff. I realise people have the "real"
> > world to
> > deal with so don't worry about sacrificing the first-borns. That won't
> > be
> > necessary just yet. I think the first thing to do is to get the site
> > back up.
> > and to do that we'll need:
> > 1. Graphics artists
> > 2. Web designers
> > 3. Maintainers dood(s)
> > 4. Content
> >
> > I've already got ideas for #4 which'll be on kde-promo soon enough. Sooo
> >
> > anyone interested? Last time we tried this on kde-quality for the konq
> > bug
> > triage it worked pretty well.
> > .
> > .
> [...]