List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Financial support Extremely Appreciated NOW!!!
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-08 19:56:13

Hi All,
http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php

I'm experiencing some frustration right now. Our largest contributor is
unusually late with a quarterly contribution and our user sponsorship has
been drifting lower. I'm also experiencing personal financial issues making
it hard to cover this. My business is being forced to back order our highest
dollar volume wholesale product, our retail has been cut to 1/3 expectations
due to the luck of the draw on weather and pretty much everyone we know seems
to need us to bail them out one way or another. As a result I have no
resources or cash cushion with wish to take care of Andras. I'm very behind
now, owing him at least two months. My personal financial situation will
change dramatically over the next 60 days as my two new wholesale account
managers start bringing in business, but for now I'm playing catch up.

http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php

I know a lot of people using our software get a lot of benefit from it.
Typically when I write on the list I get maybe 10-20 people contributing
smaller amounts and some jumping in for hundreds off dollars/Euros. That
would sure be wonderful right now as I'm tired of not sending Andras what I
owe him, and the same goes for Michal. I'd really like to do a lot more fun
things for the upcoming KDE 4, but first is stop stressing over sponsored
developer support.

BTW for those of you who are curious about my health I am now back to the gym
nearly two months. My high bloodpressure is now low enough I can lower
medication and using resp@rate I will probably be off meds shortly. Because
of my health efforts I now look and feel great at 50, which nobody believes I
am and my 2001 drivers license picture looks like a bad fake ID. I mention
all this since for over a year I had trouble concentrating and focusing and I
had headaches. Now I'm working on my mental discipline and ready to get a lot
more involved in the project. There are fun things I want to do.

Thanks to all who have supported us in the past and to all who will support us
now and in the future. We love making great software for you!

http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org