List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Documentation on toolbars
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-08 17:37:40

On Thursday 08 March 2007 6:48 am, Bčr Kessels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It migth be that my brain is fried. But I fail to understand the concept of
> toolbars.
>
> What I want to achieve is the following:
> * Whenever I open a pure PHP file (.inc, .php) most of the HTML toolbars
> should be removed, instead, I want to show PHP specific toolbars (a debug
> toolbar; a drupal toolbar; a clausules toolbar -if-else-case-foreach etc)
>
> * Whenever I open a template file (in contrary to pure PHP this is a tiny
> bit of PHP embedded in HTML) I want to show the HTML toolbars in addition
> to the php toolbars.
>
> Can anyone explain me how to achieve this, without abusing projects (I have
> hundreds of projects) but by setting toolbars to load on the type of file
> and/or the extension?
>
> Bčr

Andras could better answer this. What is happening currently is that PHP works
as a psuedo DTD that includes HTML. What you're suggesting is a great idea,
but it's easier said than done. For instance a PHP class may include HTML or
an included HTML file may not have a clear defining tag. So there would be
potentially a lot of analysis, and then probably not a great deal of user
satisfaction given the variety. It should be possible to at least approach
what you're suggesting, but it may mean some creative steps that are awkward,
such as different suffixes or manually activating scripts to manage toolbars.

One thing that can be done effectively is using views in a project that open
those files and set up your toolbars, though I don't recall if they remove
standard toolbars I think it would. The problem here is that you have to set
up a view in each project.

I'd like to figure out how to address this for KDE 4 but Andras may have some
ideas now. However it seems unlikely that we can do an auto-detect switch for
different task PHP files at this time without convincing Quanta there are
different psuedo DTDs, which needs a difference in file extentions.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org