List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] sftp vs. ftps
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2006-12-28 7:34:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

ok, this is not directly related to quanta, but it does also _effect_ quanta,
so here goes:
I recently noticed that my webhoster offers a more secure way than just plain
ftp - they call it 'FTP over SSL' and it uses TLS authentication.
I meanwhile managed to make use of it via kasablanca - works well.
however, I would like to use something like sftp:// (or any other kde
kioslave) from konqueror/kate/quanta .. , which I tried, but doesn't work, as
sftp seems to be something different than ftps (someone on kde-linux wrote:
sftp is ftp with ssh, ftps is ftp with tls - which I think is correct).
anyone here knows more on this ?

werner