List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Unable to load kdewebdev-3.3.5
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2006-12-21 3:22:29

Breakin' in here with a L_O_N_G_S_H_O_T question / comment.
Linspire... wouldn't they have a a      [ok I will not transfer this into a
flamewar, promise] so I'm changing the angle here ->

The world easiest linux distro ought to have a simple solution for upgrading
an preinstalled system, yes?

Getting everything to work out of the box with sources, can be a bit tricky
even for me... and a bit waste of time since someone already done it for me
and the large masses...(god forbid, I'm sick n' tired of watching gcc work.)
Yes quite a few wants special options, stuff and configurations not available
in those and lean towards sources.

But if... IF the only thing you got trouble with is a menu not working as it
should in a but older kde/quanta realease, or for the sake of you figure out
why I freakin L_O_V_E this Q stuff and the easiness of making accomodations
for yerself/clients and how to make kickasswindshieldwhiping....           ->

changing angle again: All this is of course limited to the writer of the web
application, and at that we have mailing lists like this ( not this one in
particular ) with tons of harddrives upon diskdrives with information on how
to do exactly that  -> ANGLE (again)

Limits should be yer imagination. not for the loveofgodboringgcc.
Let Eric ponder 'bout how to make YER code look transparent, easy and
managable.
let Linspire mess up Eric' sources.
you just use it.

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 15:03, JoeB wrote:
> Have tried for the better part of a day trying to load the updated
> Quanta. That's all I want.  My older version of Quanta loses  the right
> click menu periodically and crashes for no obvious reason. Hoping update
> will solve these issues.
>
> When running ./configure I get the following message:
>
> "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (library
> qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!"
>
> I have both QT x-11 and QT embedded running.
>
> I am semi-Linux literate, trying to make the switch from Win. I am using
> Linspire 5.0
>
> Thanks,
> Joe B.

---