List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] quantarc file growing
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-12-04 3:13:06

Andreas,
I think you fixed this problem for the up-coming version (3.5.6)? Just in case
it is different/or should be fixed in 3.5.5....

I do not know if you wanted a copy of my quantarc file - it got to 1.1Mb
I am running KDE 3.5.5 and Quanta 3.5.5 on Kubuntu 6.10.

After shutting down the computer with quanta open (it should have restored on
login again), quanta would not open - just stayed on the splash screen, even
after two reboots, it would not open manually - no error on the command line.

I looked at the quantarc file and it had grown - I deleted the two lines: List
of open files and auto-saved files I think - line 36/37) and it opened fine.
The auto-saved files was very long - the same file over and over.

I restarted because quanta was running very slow.

I would prefer not to compile from source on this machine - It is used for
work, and this problem seems easy to work around (just remove the two lines)
for the time being.

Thanks for the Best Editor...

--
Andrew Lowe