List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Thanks to all  [was Re:  ftp login]
From:       Maury Merkin <merkin () his ! com>
Date:       2006-11-12 17:05:11

On Sunday 12 November 2006 03:13, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 03:01, Maury Merkin wrote:
> > I had thought the problem might be with quanta but it clearly is not.
> >    And you folks have been very helpful in running that down and I've
> > learned that I can do this with konqueror (and, I'm sure, my other
> > browsers -- I've already seen that it works with Opera).
>
> Konqueror is more than a browser, its a filemanager as well. ;-)
Yes.  I know that.  I've been using KDE since version 0.9 or something on that
order.  For the most part I am a console person when I go about managing
files.  Sometimes I use the gui filemanager aspect of konqueror but mostly I
use it as a browser which is pretty dependably good with CSS.  Often before
anything else is.

And before this thread started I had never typed ftp:// in the URL window of
any browser.  I've used gftp or a simple console command when that seemed
quicker or cleaner.  (Actually, I used to like the original kbear but somehow
it took an odd turn and I haven't been able to get that to function properly
in years.  I finally just gave up on it.)

> You may try to play with passive/active mode: Control Center-Internet &
> Network-Connection Preferences-FTP options. Will affect both Konqueror
> and Quanta (and basicly all other KDE applications).
Okay.  I will try playing there.

Btw, two  other browsers (Opera and Firefox) display the directories of my
UUSDN site properly when I use ftp for their URL  But it's still the only
site I've found which confuses konqueror.

Maury