List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] ftp login
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2006-11-11 21:19:55

On Saturday 11 November 2006 21:44, Maury Merkin wrote:
> Huh?
yeah

> How would I try to log in with Konqueror?
ftp wasn't it
> It's a browser.  Right?
yes, that to

> If you're asking me if the docs are visible with Konqueror the answer is
> yes.
docs, witch one(s)?

> Also, I just tried (successfully) to log in with gftp.  No problems there.
no, of course not. very few faults with the ftp protocol and its an easy one
to implement, I would have a hard time thinking that yer distibution or even
version of kde is so broken it can't connect to ftp.
so as mentioned earlier. try with konqueror.

if you can't the error printed would be useful to help us, help you identify
the problem

> Maury
>
> On Saturday 11 November 2006 09:11, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Saturday 11 November 2006 14:38, Maury Merkin wrote:
> > > Any reasons you can think of why Quanta isn't able to log in to the
> > > server for my Web site.  Each time I try I get:
> > >
> > > Message sent:
> > > Login using username=usdnmanager and password=[hidden]
> > > Server replied:
> > > 530 User usdnmanager cannot log in.
> > > Do you want to retry?
> > >

> > > I have no problem just manually logging in from a bash shell using
> > > ftp. Obviously I've checked and rechecked the username and password.
> > > I'm just looking for some hints as to other things I should be
> > > checking.
> >
> > Can you log in with Konqueror?
> >
> > Andras

---