List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] quantarc 'List of autosaved/backedup files'
From:       Chris van de Wouw <chrisje () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-11-03 15:37:22

On Friday 03 November 2006 14:49, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 02 November 2006 10:18, Chris van de Wouw wrote:
> > If these exact steps dont give the same result, I maybe need to try
> > to reinstall quanta.
>
> No, it didn't gave me the same results. I attach my two quantarc
> versions. Yes, there are extra entries even after closing Quanta, but
> on the next restart of Quanta they are cleaned.
>
> Again - sorry to repeat, but I have to know for sure - are there no
> symlink involed in the path to your /home/user/.kde/share/ ?
>
> Andras

Ok, I have two situations; 1 - clean test setup, 2 - my real develop
environment.

1. clean test setup

Indeed, on restart of Quanta all entries are removed.
In your quantarc1 I saw only 1 entry of each file, while I have multiple
entries of the same files (each minute each file is added to the list). Did
you leave on Quanta long enough, so the autobackup procedure is triggered
more then once?

There are absolutely _no_ symlinks in this test setup.

2. my develop environment

Yes, all my projects are located on /media/sda7 and I have a symlink from my
home directory pointing to it.

$ cd ~
$ ls -gG | grep webdev
lrwxrwxrwx  1     19 2006-09-11 14:59 webdev -> /media/sda7/webdev/

On closing Quanta, no entries are removed
On restarting Quanta, no entries are removed, but...

While writing this mail I went on further testing on the develop environment.
It seems both lists are cleared after one minute after restart, or earlier if
I open a project.

Also the backedup list is cleared when opening a second instance of quanta,
even while there are unsaved documents in the first instance.

I think, because I rarely restart Quanta, even leave Quanta on overnight, my
main problem is the adding of double entries of unsaved files, and them not
being removed from the list when the files are actually saved. Not closing
Quanta then results in the long lists.

Chris