List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] quantarc 'List of autosaved/backedup files'
From:       Chris van de Wouw <chrisje () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-10-30 14:17:52

Hi,

Lately my Quanta became more and more unusable. After every action like saving
files, scrolling through files or even just typing, quanta stops for a
moment, while cpu usage rises to 99,9%.

As I always leave Quanta open, I thought restart it might help. Result; Quanta
hangs at start-up.

Next step was to remove quantarc, well renaming it to bak_quantarc. There I
noticed the quantarc file became huge; 674k. Obviously I went in to see what
the file is filled with. It turns out that the file is filled with entries in
the 'List of autosaved files' and 'List of backedup files'.

The files under 'autosaved files' point
to /$HOME/.kde/share/apps/quanta/backups/...
while entries under 'backuped files' point to my framework and project files

Folder .kde/share/apps/quanta/backups is empty.

example of entry in 'backuped files':
file:///media/sda7/webdev/projects/youngguns/axon/modules/totals/view_downloads.php.24783,
 which is repeated hundreds of times

I use kubuntu with the KDE 3.5.5 and Quanta 3.5.5. Also noteworthy in this
case might be the fact that I mostly use 2 instances of quanta, one for my
framework, the other for my projects.

After clearing the two entries, quantarc is reduced to 12k and quanta works
fine again.

grtz,

Chris