List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] quanta and .xsession-errors
From:       Chris van de Wouw <chrisje () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-10-12 15:40:11

Hi,

Currently I'm having some unrelated problem, as my .xsession-errors file is
filled up to the hundreds of MB's.

What _is_ related is that Quanta seems to have the biggest problem with it.
When looking at the memory consumption with 'top', sorted by memory, Quanta
quickly comes on top of the list and it's virtual memory increases each 4-5
seconds, at about the same rate as my .xsession-errors is increasing.

If I leave my computer untouched for a half a day (with quanta launched), all
memory is full (1Gig) including my swap (512k), rendering everything unusable
(kwin lost, kicker lost)

This afternoon I had 2 instances open of Quanta, causing the memory overrun in
a couple of hours.

With 'lsof | grep .xsession-errors' I see multiple applications have a handle
on this file, but with 'top' I see no other application with increasing
memory usage, so I wonder if Quanta is keeping a complete copy of
the .xsession-errors file in memory.

grtz,

Chris van de Wouw