List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Project Preview Confusion
From:       "Jeffrey Sabarese" <core5fedora () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-26 12:46:48

> > aside from the "project properties" itself, are there other settings
> > of the IDE which i should verify are set correctly; which might be
> > mis-configured, causing this behaviour?
>
> Yes.
>
> Project => Project Properties => Options tag
>
> Check 'Use preview prefix:' and enter the URL to the project folder on your
> web server in the box. (I.e. same URL as you would use to view it in a
> browser).
>
> Quanta will append the filename which you are currently editing onto this.

Hi there! I'm glad you mentioned this. This is precisely one of the
problems i was having.

I would do as you described-- using a prefix such as :
http://mydomain/  or http://localhost/~myuser/public_html/mysite/ --
but it never "stuck" (ie. every time i'd try the preview, it would be
as i first described-- w/ the FTP protocol, and i'd look back in the
project properties -- although my settings were there as i've shown
above using the http prefix, the line was un-checked and "grayed-out"
(i think even truncated).

if it makes any difference, this was probably when i had the project
setup for Live, destructive editing on the remote server-- because
that's how i kept trying--
i think i got the "Live FTP" idea from Bluefish and just carried it
over. sorry i'm so unsure about this-- in an effort to consolodate XP
stuff onto one drive, i've done a lot of drive swapping, and even
installed FC5 a couple times-- it's because i've used Quanta Plus
mostly on another installation that i speak in the past tense of these
incidences

fortunately, Quanta+ on this setup-- which should be my "final" Fedora
setup-- is running "right", not greying out the prefix, and serving
the files on Apache-- and letting me use an FTP profile, so i can keep
the project files local, and test local. all of this seemed strangely
backward and "broken" previously, but if it continues as it is now, i
have no problems.

thanks!