List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Custom toolbar
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-18 8:56:42

On Monday 18 September 2006 12:02 am, bill wrote:
> On Sunday 17 September 2006 19:57, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> > On Sunday 17 September 2006 3:59 pm, bill wrote:
> > > Suse 10.1 - KDE 3.5.4 - Quanta 3.4.5 (All updated to current releases)
> > >
> > > I have a heavily used local custom toolbar, avm.toolbar.tzg.  Is it
> > > possible for Quanta Plus to load avm.toolbar.tzg upon opening? Editing
> > > quantarc or quantaui.rc does not seem to help...or I'm doing it wrong.
> > > [grin]
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Bill
> >
> > look in ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/
> > pick the directories that are applicable like html and xhtml and add your
> > toolbar. If you don't see both then verify against
> > $KDEDIR/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/.
>
> Thanks, Eric, but I've already tried that.
>
> When I created the avm.toolbar I saved it in
> ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/.  I also have the toolbar in both html
> and xhtml subdirectories.  But the toolbar does not load on opening Quanta.
>  I can load it from the Toolbars menu. And, tt the time I created the
> toolbar, I also created an action button in the navagator toolbar which,
> with three clicks, loads the avm.toolbar.
>
> I also can append the avm.toolbar to the existing toolbar, and have it load
> on startup.  But I want the avm.toolbar as a separate tab clustered with
> the tabbed toolbars.
>
> Currently, I have template.html loading at startup.  It would be nice to
> have the avm.toolbar to load simultaneously. Nonetheless,  loading the
> avm.toolbar at startup is more of a "can it be done", then "I've got to
> have it". [grin] Quanta is exceptional as is.
>
> Bill

Man this is great stuff! I love working with Andras because it's like we can
read each other's minds sometimes. However this is really strange. I seem to
recall that if the toolbar is there it's got to be loaded because that's
where the toolbars are. I'm curious and I'm going to look into it, however it
turns out the answer us much much simpler!

Here's how Achems razor fits into our design thinking... While pondering this
I had just done some work on http://kommander.kdewebdev.org and I happened to
notice that there was a custom toolbar Andras developed loaded in the
project. First of all anything can be done, but while I was wondering how I
saw that it was done... Then I went to look for it, then I looked in the
project file... Then I remember one of the features of Quanta, and it's much
easier to use than hunting down files.

Set up your toolbar and any files you want to open by default and save this as
the default Project View. Project Views are really cool because you can open
groups of files all at the same time, but in fact it will also load toolbars.
When the project is loaded the default view is loaded and if that contains a
toolbar it is loaded too. Viola!

Who's got the coolest web development tool in the world? ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org