List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] quanta
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-17 20:57:20

On Sunday 17 September 2006 1:03 pm, Børge Holen wrote:
> On Sunday 17 September 2006 10:41, Onno Timmerman wrote:
> > I was wondering:
> >
> > How many developers are working on quanta. How fast is quanta making
> > progress? What will be new in Quanta 4 ?
> >
> > How many proffesional users does quanta have.
>
> Whats professional in yer opinion? And as I'm writing this, I can see that
> Eric has made a reply to this, that I'll be reading pretty soon.
>
> > Could there be a comparing chart between
> > Quanta, Eclipse, Textmate, phpEdit etc...
>
> I've tried to use Eclipse witch falls very short on how to deal with
> "project type of work" as I remember. Then again, I got buddies swearing
> for this one.
>
> phpEdit as I remember looks unfinished ( I think it was this one)... in
> every aspect.
>
> I also know of a couple that uses DW, witch seems to work for them. nice
> project interface, and with v8 it suddenly learned to use CSS for real.
> But then again, made for spear time excersises and not for working.
>
> On the bright side... All of them looks like an editor ;)
>
> Perhaps its just me, but I'm used to the best of the best, and making
> projects of a usable size does tend to separate whats hot/not.

LOL
I love it! ;-)

Here's a thought... Bill Gates said not to hook Windows up to the internet and
through the 90s they openly said Windows was not mission critical. That's why
I ran OS/2 and then switched to Linux. I don't have any missions that are not
critical to me. Do you? Journalists can play with a program, never do any
real work, and then wax eloquent about it's glitzy new whiz-bang
whatchamcallits. Personally I'd rather frag some aliens if I'm not doing real
work, but since I am self employed and building a company I need to do
several people's jobs. No time to frag... I can't afford anything in my
professional life that is marginally okay. My personal motto is thrive with
excellence no matter the cost or make excuses for being on life support until
someone hungrier and more ambitious can pull the plug. I like to think of
Quanta as a reflection of my no BS pursuit of excellence. Better yet I've
been fortunate enough to attract some excellent people who have brought their
own pursuit of excellence to the party. I wholeheartedly support the idea of
finding a team of people with more talent, insight and bright ideas. Then I
can claim they were all mine, right? ;-) (cough)

Thanks for being another voice of someone who has no time for lame compromise
for the sake of gee-whiz goodies some amateur journalist raved about. We've
never been a me-too tool and sooner or later the other guys will have to
follow us.

--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org