List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] diff/patch over ftp?
From:       "Anthony Ettinger" <anthony () chovy ! com>
Date:       2006-09-16 2:02:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 9/15/06, Sasha Andric <sasha@goldnet.ca> wrote:

> On Friday 15 September 2006 14:51, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> > I have a project that requires me to use ftp. Is there a way to see a
> diff
> > between files prior to uploading and downloading them?
>
> If you have kompare installed it should show up as the last item it the
> Tools
> menu. When you click on it it will let you select 2 files.
>
> Click on the first browse button and select one local file to compare.
>
> Then click on the second browse button and now you need to select remote
> file.
> As KDE supports ftp / sftp / fish .... you should be able to browse remote
> server and select remote file. I find it easiest to just right click on
> the
> root folder in the "upload tree" , click copy and then just paste  in the
> URL
> bar in the browse dialog. Once it is there, it should let you  browse
> remote
> server and select files to compare.  I notices that with sftp i am not
> prompted for password again, but will ftp there is a password popup in
> this
> moment.
>
> So it is doable, but it would be cool if there would be right click option
> "put in Kompare dialog" on the local and on the remote files too.
>

> Sasha

Thanks, that was exactly what I was working for.

I did however notice something odd, when I clicked "Save All..." to save my
modifications to the destination file it still said there were modifications
when I went to close Kompare. This happened consistently on two local files.

--
Anthony Ettinger
phone: 408-656-2473