List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Symlinked directory wont persist
From:       Bill <Bill () explosivo ! com>
Date:       2006-08-26 15:50:35

Hey all,

I've been happily coding along with Quanta for so long now...  with no
issues.  I also tend to run svn versions, so that really says something
about the quality in the system.

Anyway, this is a best practice question.  I have a project folder that
I have created this project in.  Inside that is a symlink to a folder
in my /var/www directory.

Now, the initial project creation did not scan that folder (the
symlink) as an available option.

So I went into the project, did an insert folder, and selected the
symlink.

No problems.  Whenever I rescan or tamper with project properties, I
loose the folder and have to re-add it.  When I exit and come back it
is also gone.

I tried adding the real folder to the project, /var/www/cpmfetch but it
copies all the files over to my project directory - which I want to
avoid.

I can live like this, but was wondering if there was a better way.

Running post-3.5.4  (svn from today)
Debian "etch"

Thanks!

Bill