List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] I seem to have misplaced my fish.
From:       "chris feldmann" <axlotl.quanta () mailnull ! com>
Date:       2006-08-08 16:21:30

Hi list. It's been a while.
Several years in fact. But it's been that long since I had a problem.
When recently I upgraded to 3.5.3 (from 3.4), I lost support for the
fish pseudoprotocol. I don't really use kde, just quanta and
occasionally konqueror in gentoo on amd64. Gentoo somewhat recently
split kde up from the monolithic build they used to offer, but I
figured if I installed kdebase, kdelibs, and quanta I'd be good to go.
It appears not.

The error I get is:
quanta: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_fish'.

My understanding was that ioslaves was moved into kdebase as of 3.1.
The gentoo forums, usually so responsive, are giving me no love on
this topic. Can anyone here offer a suggestion?

[sorry if this email is duplicated; I erroneously sent it from the
wrong account first time]