List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Digest, Vol 40, Issue 9
From:       Alexander Dymo <dymo () mk ! ukrtelecom ! ua>
Date:       2006-07-10 21:21:36

On Monday 10 July 2006 22:06, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> Kexi is designed to load as a KOffice Part, and as such extends the KPart
> specification. To use this Quanta would have to access the KOffice API and
> libraries,
Well, not really, you can still load it into any shell application, it
needs not to be linked with kofficelibs.

> and AFAIK Kexi is not designed to be scaled to small component
> access.
They also maintain the kexidb lib which is IIRC not tied to other kexi
or koffice stuff. This can kind of replace hk_classes (probably).

> So I think when you add everything up it would be a disaster, no
> disrespect to the Kexi guys.
To my experience Kexi devs are quite responsive to new ideas and
we might talk to them in the next aKademy. Basically I'm interested to see
database operation capabilities available to any kdevplatform application.