List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] do not create toolbar and template directory + MORE
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2006-06-16 21:23:10

On Friday 16 June 2006 19:26, Chris Martin wrote:
> Bèr Kessels wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Whenever I create a new project, I have to create " toolbar" and
> > "template" directories. I dont want these, ot at least would like to have
> > them be hidden by default. (.toolbar and .template)

I would hate to have files that are hidden in my projects directory, in more
than one occation the .htaccess file has given me troubles.

> > * None of these are ever filled in any of my projects. So for *me* they
> > are useless, I guess for a lot of us they are
>
> I Agree :)

I use the toolbars alot, and projects toolbars; GENIOUS!
This however should be fixed so that the template and toolbars dir is to be
created at need and not as standard project accessories never to be used.

> Maybe an option to use templates or not when creating a project would be
> better.
>
> I'd think toolbars would be more appropriate in ~/.kde/quanta or
> something, but I don't use them, so I what do I know!
> For that matter, I rarely use anything on the default toolbars, thanks
> to the excellent HTML auto complete, and flexible shortcuts!

The need of these files to be included in the projects catalog is also great
with thought of both easy backup and sharing. The ~/. is also out of limits
for others, hence forth the /project_folder/toolbar & template need to stay

In dreamweaver they also put in a ./Connections/ directory at need, this would
be a b_e_a_u_t_i_f_u_l supplement to useful directories, of course this is
not forced by dreamweaver and ppl could/should choose themselves;
Also this would ease the project of mysql connections. In my case I use five
different connections in one project and it is easy to include these files at
need.

Børge