List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] quanta freezing on localhost ftp
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-16 10:14:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 15 April 2006 18:29, Gabriel Dragffy wrote:
> Hey I setup proftpd etc using xampp on my breezy ubuntu installation,
> things seem to work fine, I can access ftp and test webpages on
> localhost. I created a project in quanta using ftp as the protocol
> and localhost as the server, and it lets me view the files and add
> them to my project. Whenever I create a file or add a file to the
> project Quanata just appears to hang and all I can do is click the
> close button and then terminate it when KDE asks. I had this behaviou
> with Quanta 3.4 so I upgraded to 3.5 and still this remains, I have
> deleted all config files and settings files and the problem persists.

I tested many times this kind of setup with Quanta and never had
problems. Luckily I have kubuntu as well now, so I will test again,
just tell me:
- the ftp server you use
- the settings of that ftp server (send me that)

> Quanta seems to behave normally when performing operations on a
> remote host... what may be the trouble with adding files to a
> localhost?

I suspect this is something that depends on the settings on the server.
I got similar reports for remote ftp server as well, but never could
reproduce. :-(  Maybe now we can find the reason.

You might also try to switch between passive/active mode in Control
Center->Internet & Network->Connection Preferences->FTP options.

Andras