List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta templates...
From:       sol <sol () excaliburworld ! net>
Date:       2006-03-24 1:30:52

> There is some kind of tool in the scripts tab for DW templates, but
> Quanta as it is doesn't support HTML templates like DW does (that when
> you change the template the change is propagated to the other files).
> The recommended solution is using PHP:
> <? include ("yourtemplate.html") ?> where you include the template.
>
> DW style template handling might appear in Quanta4, but not anytime
> sooner, unless somebody does it with an external script (and I say
> again, that script from the script tab might already do it, but I don't
> know what it really does and how it works).

Yeah, I found the script, dwt.pl.
I know that PHP would be a better solution, but this site is for a family
freind who's on a tight budget, and is not going to be able to pay for a PHP
hosting setup or development - hell, they're not even paying for this basic
HTML site, except maybe in cookies and brownies (or some other
yet-to-be-decided desert or pastry)! - so I'm trying to keep it as simple as
possible.
Some sort of template system that would allow automatic updating of all files
and code locking would be pretty cool for Quanta 4, but dwt.pl will do the
job for now.
Oh, and if the person who made dwt.pl is reading this list, I just want to let
you know that the script doesn't run directly from quanta, I have to run it
from a console.

Thanks,
sol.