List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Testing required
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-14 16:02:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 14:41, Carl Hartung wrote:
> I'm assuming you're way more interested in behavioral and UI issues
> than any warnings that might appear during compiling?

Partly, but you know, bugs and wishes should be reported on
bugs.kde.org, otherwise I may forget them.

> I mean, you're
> probably aware of those, correct? The ones I'm referring to are the
> warnings about "deprecated" and "defined but not used" items?

Yeah, and some of those are not corrected by purpose: to remind us that
they need to be fixed properly. ;-)

> Also, I am still getting familiar with how things work and I know
> there's support for 'snippets' already built in, but contemplating
> this issue led me to think of a... widget, I guess you'd call it...
> that could exist in the right-button context menu in the file tree
> area, such that when you right-click a text snippet file it just
> copies the contents wholesale into the clipboard for pasting into
> your currently open document. I've experimented a bit with 'drag n
> drop' but it seems no matter how I click on a text file it is opened
> in a new tab. Note: This is really meant as an observation and
> possible idea. I don't expect you to drop everything to give me
> personal lessons! ;-) I'll figure the existing functions out as I
> work into it a bit deeper.

D&D of the content works only for text snippet templates. But for them
simple click or using Insert as text from the context menu works as
well.
There is no plan to support this behavior for any text file.

> One other 'real' question, though: Is there a way to configure a dual
> pane filesystem view like Krusader or mc? The single pane is
> certainly 'workable' but it gets cramped when you've got files spread
> out everywhere.

No, there is no such plan. The file manager part is there for
convenience. If you need complex file management, use Krusader (or
Konqueror). We don't want to reimplement them.

Andras